Welcome to WorldGamers Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Moving forward with glitched/cheated times

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Offline   US Head-Admin CookedCrayons

CookedCrayons

Advanced Member

• US Head-Admin Head-Admin of US Servers
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • 0 thanks

• US
  • STEAM_1:0:2470958

Steam Profile

• Time Online: 18d 21h 4m 27s

Since becoming the US Head-Admin, there's been a sort of "Baader-Meinhof phenomenon" happening with me noticing glitched and cheated map times.  While I have primarily noticed these in BHOP, they also (very seldom) appear in Surf servers as well, but will be approached as a case-by-case basis.  The main cause of concern right now is BHOP.

First as foremost, it's important to everyone to play legitimately, regardless whether you're from RU, SE, UK, or US.  I respect everyone equally and expect the same.  However, I find it very disrespectful for someone to come into a server and exploit a map in order to achieve a "best time".  This not only wastes my time in having to remove the time and potentially the replay as well, but causes issues with the rest of the community.  This prevents the players from achieving actual server records because someone decided to cheat the map a bit.

Now, that being said, I do understand that there are certain circumstances that are allowing users to "bypass death" and manipulate unintended zones to essentially skip large portions of many maps to achieve impossible times.  I am also aware of a few people who are routinely doing so, who I will not name in the sake of preventing a witch hunt.  I consider these a top issue as of this point and will take action against any cheated times.

To clarify, I'm not speaking about map skips. These are fairly common and do still allow the general public to participate. Some examples of said skips include : bhop_blue, bhop_at_night, and bhop_eazy.

Moving forward, I expect legitimacy with map times and some integrity when it comes to reporting map issues/glitches.  They are fairly uncommon as it stands now, but do happen to pop up every now and then.  The forums are a perfect place to report these issues as we have a "Map Bug Reports" section in the BHOP forum.  I advise everyone to take full advantage of the forums and participate with helping the server(s) grow.

Additionally, from here on out, ANY bugged/cheated/illegitimate map times will be removed and the person in question will be further punished for exploiting/cheating the map.  This goes for anybody.  I understand it's fun and interesting to find a bug in a map and it's very tempting to use it to achieve a funny and impossible map time, but this ruins the experience for anyone else who competitively plays BHOP and strives to achieve server records.

I have attached an example of a few maps that were exploited by one person in particular.  This individual had multiple cheated times (most of which I already removed), which as you can see from the screenshot are clearly not legitimate.  As such, I have removed all of the players map times, hoping that it causes them to realize their mistake and move forward with some integrity.  This will be common practice if I find more individuals who routinely exploit maps.

As well, I will be reaching out in regards to getting more Zoners for BHOP/Surf servers to allow for quick fixes, but for the time being, I do keep a 100% open door. I am always available and more than willing to help.  I appreciate all of you and look forward to keeping us going.

• theSNIPEORAMA likes this

Offline   JuanDaggle

JuanDaggle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • 0 thanks

• US
  • STEAM_1:0:178161819

Steam Profile

• Time Online: 14d 13h 31m 1s

This is a huge problem on the bhop servers because you never know when a time is legit or not, so when you go for a record you always think whether or not they cheated.

Offline   US Head-Admin iole

iole

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • 1 thanks

• U.S.A. - California
  • STEAM_1:1:112402768

Steam Profile

• iole - Offline
    Since: Yesterday, 10:06 PM
    51.2 hrs last 2 weeks.
    Add Friend

• Time Online: 8d 2h 14m 39s
Here's how I used to handle this:
First offense, delete his glitched records
Second offense (or if the person in question had more than 3 glitched times the first time around): delete all his records, both legit and illegitimate
Third offense (or if the person in question had more than 5 glitched times the first time around): 3 month ban.

I'm glad you're publicly addressing this issue. I'll be sending you a PM in a few hours of the method used by some of the cheaters.
  • theSNIPEORAMA likes this

tumblr_mw42kaf9It1rcidx4o1_r1_500.gif

DEPxh42.png

90 Kills in 1 combat surf game

Offline   Jordan

Jordan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • 5 thanks

• United Kingdom
  • STEAM_1:1:87570268

Steam Profile

• Jordan - In Game
    PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS
    42.4 hrs last 2 weeks.
    Add Friend

• Time Online: 5d 7h 27m 48s

Where is the line drawn between "cheats" and huge skips?

"How does one kill that which has no life?" - favourite quote about me...

Offline   US Head-Admin CookedCrayons

CookedCrayons

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • 0 thanks

• US
  • STEAM_1:0:2470958

Steam Profile

• Time Online: 18d 21h 4m 27s

Where is the line drawn between "cheats" and huge skips?

My methodology is as follows:

There is a glaring difference between a time that is impossible opposed to a time that is competitive.  Take bhop_at_night and bhop_eazy for example: The large skip is quite well known and because of so, it adds to the competitiveness of the map. It's not a bug or glitch that allows otherwise impossible times, but it is something that every can try and successfully use.  I'm more concerned about the individuals who abuse the "bypass death" glitch and use it to get obviously cheated times (Anything under 1 second or so). You can generally look at the top times for a map and find out a good general time to have, but when you have a list that consists of 10's and 15's, then one person with a 2 second time, you can make an educated guess that it's not legitimate.

In the screenshot you can clearly see the two records that were <1 second, which I had already deleted 3 others prior to the screenshot.  These are the individuals who I'm concerned about.  I love competition and the spirit that it brings, but when someone abuses a glitch, it ruins it for everyone.

Offline   Jordan

Jordan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • 5 thanks

• United Kingdom
  • STEAM_1:1:87570268

Steam Profile

• Jordan - In Game
    PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS
    42.4 hrs last 2 weeks.
    Add Friend

• Time Online: 5d 7h 27m 48s

So when you say bug/glitch you mean records that are done without even completing the map? I was thinking more about surf, and the fact that Apkon or zoner(or a "fixed" map replacing the current, not actually sure how it is done.) "fix" big skips. Say one that allows you to get a 20s time in a 3 minute map, was thinking the line could be quite blurry between that and other skips that give people an advantage over others without the same map knowledge... I never really understood why some maps were "fixed" or removed, nearly all maps have skips, its just a case of how big they are and thats what I was suggesting would be hard to decide on a specific point. 

If what I am saying makes no sense ignore it, I, personally, like things to be very specific. Anything that is up to someones opinion leaves room for bias.

"How does one kill that which has no life?" - favourite quote about me...

0 user(s) are browsing this forum